What is digital marketing & website due diligence?
Digital due diligence covers many different areas, from digital security and compliance right through to the online performance of the ‘digital footprint’ of a company….It’s website, social media presence, online advertising, email marketing, sales and leads funnels, amongst others.
It’s this digital footprint that is the focus of our due diligence work. It’s an area that we specialise in and we have performed many in-depth website and digital marketing due diligence projects for a number of UK private equity firms. Both for their existing portfolio companies and potential target companies. Marketing can sound subjective, so our digital tools, testing procedures and advanced reporting, add a numerical value to previously untested and costly activity.
The value of this type of analysis is increasing with the growth in the online presence of most companies, indeed according to Bain “For diligence into a particular company, web scraping provides indicators of market share and growth momentum, such as web-traffic analysis”.
The results of the due diligence work that we conduct always identifies new opportunities for growth and highlights areas of friction that require fixing. Being armed with this powerful knowledge and implementing it on portfolio companies has led to significant online performance improvements for our clients.
The Correlation Between Digital Adoption & Performance
A recent report by Mckinsey highlighted the strong negative correlation that nondigital company cultures have on economic performance. It’s worth noting that along with an aversion to risk and restrictive mindsets, a lack of digital culture is an accurate indicator of suboptimal company performance. Rather than viewing these situations as being negative, our approach targets the opportunities that are available once due diligence has been conducted and lays out a clear implementation plan to move forward.
Integrating creativity and data drives more growth
Connecting and integrating creativity and data for marketing appears to be the golden ticket for driving growth. Mckinsey carried out a major recent study where they surveyed over 200 CMO’s and senior marketing executives. Their aim was to measure the integration of creativity and data in marketing.
Their results demonstrated that what they refer to as “integrators” – those that unite data and creativity – grow their revenue at twice the average rate of companies in the S&P 500.
See the results below:
What are the benefits of digital marketing and website due diligence?
1) Discover How Your Company Is Really Performing Online
Data snapshots and general traffic reports only go so far. To drill down into the data that often contains the hidden gems of your online performance requires deeper analysis.
Being able to attach points of reference to your data, with both industry best practice and your competitors’ performance levels, allows you to see exactly where your company sits. From there high-impact recommendations are produced to target the gaps and opportunities which arise. These recommendations are concise, achievable and are fully tracked so that you can see the changes in performance once the changes begin.
2) See Exactly Where Your Competitors are Winning …and Losing
In highly competitive markets, it can be tough to keep up with what your competition is doing and how they are performing. We include your companies’ major competitors in our digital due diligence work. Even though we are taking an outside view of them, there is still a great deal of data available that we can present back to you. This easily shows you exactly how your competitors are performing in various critical areas.
3) Deep Data Analysis
Companies are often overwhelmed by the sheer amount of digital marketing data they have available to them. Knowing the exact metrics that can have a significant impact allows us to measure the data that really matters to your company. Rather than a one size fits all approach, we analyse each company individually based on its business model and sector. The due diligence is carried out by our experts using proprietary analysis tools specifically built for this purpose which then create fully bespoke reports.
Some of the areas we analyse:
- Website design & conversion performance
- Sales & lead funnel performance
- Search engine performance
- Paid search & display advertising campaign performance
- Social media presence & engagement performance
- Email marketing & CRM performance
4) High Impact Recommendations
Instead of wading through endless streams of data and recommendations or having bloated reports that sit gathering dust. We present you with a set of high-impact recommendations, based on the due diligence analysis that can be executed over 90 days or less to give optimum results.
Conducting due diligence externally ensures that all the intelligence that is gathered is impartial. This impartiality is critical because anyone connected, even loosely, to a company will have created their own set of opinions. These can be counterproductive as they are probably not based on the kind of agnostic detailed data analysis that we employ.
Being impartial allows us to deliver pure insights, untainted by internal opinions. (Source: Mckinsey)
What levels of digital marketing & website due diligence reporting do we offer?
- For investors and private equity firms assessing potential portfolio investments, we provide you with a one-page overview of a target company’s digital marketing performance. This gives an insight into critical marketing metrics and how the company performs in these areas against its main competitors. The report is designed for a swift turnaround and to easily fit within an investment report for quick reference, whilst also offering high-quality analysis in a concise format. Price: £495
- When a prospective investment is going ahead, has actually occurred or a higher level of due diligence is required, we conduct a more extensive and detailed analysis which includes competitor comparisons. From this, we create a set of high-impact recommendations that are likely to have the highest ROI impact and are generally achievable within a 90-day window. We discuss and explain these to you so that they are fully understood, and if required we can assist with the implementation of the actions.
Price: £4295 (includes 2 hour consultation and full report)
Book a free consultation to discuss how marketing due diligence can help you:
“We’re experts in joining the dots between marketing, sales and the very best industry tools and methodologies to deliver ongoing marketing automation with consistent results.”
Audit. Optimise. Automate. Grow.
Schedule a discussion with Usable media